Ola Dubh

Having tried and loved the Ola Dubh Special Reserve 12 I was very excited when I was given a couple of bottles of the Special 30 to try.

The packaging and branding is fantastic and everything you would expect from a rare single malt, but of course this is beer that has been matured in casks from Highland Park.

The casks vary in age, 12, 16 and 30 years old but I'm afraid my untrained nose and palate couldn't really distinguish that much difference other than the bottle of 30 reserve was more gassy than I would have liked.

The taste is definitely chocolate, malt, roasted chestnuts and very full.

I'm told people are paying a fortune for bottle of the 30 reserve but grab a few of the 12 which appear to be more plentiful and you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment