Drinking, tasting or dancing with your whisky?

I have always been amused by 'how to' guides that explain how to appreciate whisky, as if there is a definitive way.

I like certain novelists but I've never seen a guide that will tell me how to appreciate them better. 

You either like and enjoy whisky or you don't. The rest is about how much you want to analyze what you're drinking but I doubt you do that with your sausages on Sunday morning? 

So don't feel bad if you don't pick up the 'minty notes' or taste the 'sun dried leather', just be content with taking a mouthful and knowing in your heart that you love it.

Having said all that, here's my favorite clip of how to appreciate whisky, including throwing half a glass across the room!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSNQ5SqgeI&sns=tw

No comments:

Post a Comment