Looking for the unusual

I love websites that are playful, informative and fun.

I can't claim to have done an extensive investigation into every drinks sector but in my own world of drinks preferences my favorite website is Hendricks

To my mind it has a clear sense of their brand and who they appeal to. It's quirky, fun and inviting.

In the whisky world it was always Ardbeg and Glenmorangie, both owned by luxury brand company LVMH, that used to be the favorites. They were both always surprising, slightly left-field but fun to explore. Now they seem to have been simplified and as result they appear to have lost some of their point of difference.

Bacardi is a spirit I only drink once a year for remembrance purposes but it too has a fun and playful website - swiping up to fill the glass is a nice touch.

Perhaps websites don't attract much traffic these days and the main point of connection is through social media but there's definitely a lot sameness about drinks websites, particularly whisky distilleries.

Hendricks is what it aspires to be, unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment